Asylum of the Daleks Q&A Round-Up
At the BFI screening of Asylum of the Daleks, a question and answer session with Steven Moffat and co followed the episode. It revealed some details on Series 7 and beyond.
Den of Geek have a nice summary and here’s some of the key points:
- The running sequence of the new series will see a first block of five episodes transmitted, then a break, then the Christmas special, then a break, then the last eight episodes in the spring. That’s generally what had been suspected, but it was confirmed at the event.
- The title sequence to the show has undergone a slight evolution. [SFX added: “Revamped logo, no more swooshy cast credits, new typography.”]
- There are plans, but nothing concrete yet, for more live events to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the show next year. In particular, Caroline Skinner cited the Proms, although she didn’t indicate that a new one was coming.
- Mark Gatiss has been wanting to do his upcoming drama on the creation of Doctor Who, which is set to be broadcast in 2013, since before the show was revived in 2005.
- Reports that Matt Smith has signed a new contract to 2014 are news to Matt Smith. In his own words: “It sounds like you’ve signed something else, when in fact I was always going to be around”.
And regarding the airdate:
- We’ve read the new Internet rumour that suggests it might be 1st September, but nobody was telling us anything for definite. Expect an announcement soon, though…