More Doctor Who Series 6 Titbits
Doctor Who’s executive producer, Piers Wenger gave another lengthy interview to CraveOnline and several interesting Series 6 titbits have emerged from the chat. See the highlights below.
- Series 6 has the most ambitious opener since the show returned in 2005.
- We will not learn who River Song is in the opening two-parter but there will be clues. Alex Kingston is returning for several episodes this year.
- There are no more plans to shoot outside the UK this series.
- There will be a three month wait between the split.
- Wenger is not sure if the series split will become the standard format beyond 2011.
- Return of the Weeping Angels? “…wait and see.”
- Matthew Graham’s two-parter “plays a pretty big part in the whole series arc”.
- There are no classic monsters returning this year!
- No plans to bring Paul McGann back or any other Doctor’s at the moment.
- Rory and Amy’s marriage will be tested and have “dastardly complications.”
- The Doctor faces a “particularly sadistic challenge”.
- Scarier and darker tone.
- The DVD box sets will probably be branded as two parts of Series 6.
You can read the full article here.